SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Adam Serwer
"I want to be very clear about what the country saw last night, as an American president incited a chant of “Send her back!” aimed at a Somali-born member of Congress: America has not been here before."
SOURCE: NY Times
by Jamelle Bouie
His racist idea of citizenship is an old one, brought back from the margins of American politics.
SOURCE: New York Review of Books
by Omer Bartov, Doris Bergen, Andrea Orzoff, Timothy Snyder, and Anika Walke, et al.
The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum released a statement on June 24 condemning the use of Holocaust analogies.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said the U.S. is running concentration camps. Historians are divided on her statement.
The historical origins of the term and how some historians interpreted her statement.
by Ralph Seliger
How the Japanese-American organizers of a museum exhibit at Ellis Island entitled “America’s Concentration Camps: Remembering the Japanese American Experience” came to an amicable agreement with the American Jewish Committee (AJC).
by Daniel B. Schwartz
We can and should learn from the Holocaust to fight against racism and dehumanization, mindful of what they can lead to, but we should avoid comparisons that collapse the distance between the Holocaust and current events and result in the trivialization of the former.
SOURCE: Latino Rebels
by Eladio Bobadilla
We should call Trump’s detentions centers what they are: concentration camps.
by Michael Sheng
"For the sake of history, please tell your voters what you really believe, and don’t just throw out a label without a precise definition."
SOURCE: New York Magazine
We asked three experts a simple question: Who does Ocasio-Cortez remind you of most strongly in American political history?
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance