by Michael Nelson
As fans mourned Elvis at Graceland, the National Enquirer came to Memphis and got the coffin shot that sold 6.7 million copies.
by Jennifer Tucker
The modern monarchy’s power depends after all on its public image.
- How the Welfare State Became the Neoliberal Order (Review)
- Ibram X. Kendi: 100 Most Influential of 2020
- Allegations of Racism have Marked Trump’s Presidency and Become Key Issue as Election Nears
- Capitalism Isn't Working Anymore. Here's How The Pandemic Could Change It Forever
- How the Black Vote Became a Monolith