SOURCE: Washington Post
Columnist Jennifer Rubin discusses the findings of Robert P. Jones of the Public Religion Research Institute, presented in his new book, that elements of evangelical theology are strongly supportive of hierarchy and inequality.
SOURCE: Minnesota Public Radio
Historian Kristin Kobes Du Mez argues in "Jesus and John Wayne" that contemporary Evangelical political views are a product of the group's embrace of patriarchal authority and power, a situation that will not end when Trump leaves office.
At an earlier point in American history, some Christian theologians went so far as to argue that the enslavement of human beings was justifiable from a biblical point of view.
SOURCE: The New Republic
by Jared Yates Sexton
Those who see Trump as a messianic figure believe the coronavirus will put a fallen world right again.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Katherine Stewart
Trump’s response to the pandemic has been haunted by the science denialism of his ultraconservative religious allies.
White evangelicals in the United States, the core of President Donald Trump's political base, have far more positive views of his personal conduct and character than other U.S. adults.
SOURCE: The Los Angeles Times
by Randall Balmer
After Reagan (who was divorced) evangelicals stopped talking about divorce. After Trump and Roy Moore they can’t talk about sexual assault.
- It Really Is Time to Get Rid of the Filibuster
- A Tale of Atomic Bombs and Paper Cranes: Harry Truman's Grandson Pursues Reconciliation
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Experiencing War Far From the Battlefield
- Isabel Wilkerson’s World-Historical Theory of Race and Caste
- Queens Powhatan and Pocahontas Democratic Club Considers Name Change
- Eminent Scholar of Early U.S., Bernard Bailyn, Dies at 97
- Manhattan Beach to Present Bruce's Beach History, Community Awaits Historians' Voices