SOURCE: The Conversation
by Julie Ingersoll
The nation of Israel and the role of the city of Jerusalem are central in the “end-times” theology – a form of what is known as “pre-millennialism” – embraced by many American conservative Protestants.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
Israel conquered most of Jerusalem and its hinterlands in 1967. It then annexed these regions in a quite illegal move.
- Why Pete Buttigieg may be reviving progressive ideals of the Social Gospel Movement
- Medal of Honor review sought for minority World War I heroes
- Russia isn’t the first country to protest Western control over global telecommunications
- Redactions: The Declassified File
- Abraham Lincoln, Joe Biden and the politics of touch