Originally published 05/15/2015
Students at Sacramento State protest the plan to replace a history requirement with an anthropology course
An analysis of the syllabus of ANTH 101 clearly reveals that the course does not comply with the state mandated guidelines for administering a comprehensive knowledge of American history.”
Originally published 05/06/2015
Joseph A. Palermo
Joseph Palermo says "it will leave our freshmen and sophomores little understanding of how American institutions have changed through time."
Originally published 01/07/2014
Forensic analysis of a prehistoric skull gives the UK's most iconic monument a human face.
Originally published 02/05/2013
The art world loves hype. Works are touted as the biggest, the rarest, the most expensive.Even in an age of superlatives, the British Museum has something special - the oldest known figurative art in the world.The artworks on display in the new exhibition "Ice Age Art" are so old that many are carved from the tusks of woolly mammoths.But it's not just their age that may surprise visitors. It's their artistry.These are artworks, not just prehistoric artifacts. Some of the sophisticated carvings, sculptures and drawings of people and animals look like something Pablo Picasso or Henry Moore might have created...
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center