SOURCE: The Atlantic
by John Temple
"Maybe one day some editors will have a picture of a dead child even more powerful than the one we published that will finally make a difference."
Secret NRA Tapes in Wake of Columbine Show Decision to Attack Critics for "Politicizing" Mass Shootings
The NRA faced a crossroads after the Columbine shootings in 1999. They chose a scorched-earth posture that has guided their response to every mass shooting incident since, documented in recordings of high-level strategy meetings.
SOURCE: Colorado Public Radio
After Columbine, President Clinton Set A New Standard As 'Consoler In Chief' — And He’s Still Thinking About The Survivors
“There are certain things, if you're president, you need to say,” Clinton said. “There are certain other things you need to not say.”
In the 18 years since Columbine rocked America to its core, the country has seen so many more mass shootings that the attack isn't even among the 10 deadliest mass shootings in modern US history.
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity