by David J. Silverman
Americans tend to view the Thanksgiving myth as harmless, but it is loaded with fraught ideological meaning.
SOURCE: The New York Times
August 4, 2019
by Kathleen Belew
Attacks like that in El Paso are not an end in themselves. They are a call to arms, toward something much more frightening.
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
by Jonathan Zimmerman
Outrage does not and cannot refute what she said -- only facts can do that.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
While medievalists battle, white nationalists try to co-opt the past.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Brenton Tarrant covered his arsenal with symbols and names that medieval historians say are being misused by white supremacists.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Andrew Lawler
Virginia Dare and the myth of American whiteness.
by Jeremy Best
"When we use the tools we possess as historians, many of our students listen, especially when we treat them with a respectful openness to discussion and debate. This is truly something white nationalists are unable to counter."
by Linda Gordon
She decided to turn a chapter she was writing on the Second KKK into a book.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
by Arica L. Coleman
Blaming 'Bad Dudes' Masks the Role of Women in the History of White Nationalism
- A girl named Greta and the seriously sexist history of Time’s Person of the Year
- Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than Washington
- Civil War Soldiers Used Hair Dye to Make Themselves Look Better in Pictures, Archaeologists Discover
- Monumental statue of black man defies Confederate monuments
- From Consensus To Deadlock: Is Impeachment Still A Check On Presidents?
- Black Scholars Respond to Dr. Lorgia García Peña Tenure Denial at Harvard
- Historians Kirsten Weld and Erik Baker Interviewed About Harvard Graduate Worker Strike in Chronicle of Higher Education
- Kate Shaw: Andrew Johnson Was Impeached for Being a Racist Demagogue
- Bullets That Killed John F. Kennedy Immortalized as Digital Replicas by Smithsonian
- 37 books for history lovers: 11 Historians Select Their Favorite Books of 2019