by Richard E. Frankel
Americans right now are being stripped of their citizenship. Remind you of anything? It should.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
The poem was engraved onto a plaque placed on the pedestal in 1903 — nearly two decades after the statue was unveiled — and that the monument wasn't always associated with immigration.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
(Don't) “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?