by Greg Bailey
The Republicans' choice to push through Amy Coney Barrett's nomination with the backing of a minority of the country means a new Congress must consider corrective action in the name of justice and democracy.
SOURCE: New Yorker
by Jane Mayer
Finally, someone who knows him very well told me, “Give up. You can look and look for something more in him, but it isn’t there. I wish I could tell you that there is some secret thing that he really believes in, but he doesn’t.”
SOURCE: NBC News
Sen. Mitch McConnell's great-great-grandfathers owned 14 slaves, bringing reparations issue close to home
No news articles were found in which McConnell has previously spoken of his ancestors being slave owners.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Ross K. Baker
Liberals don’t have to like McConnell, but they should recognize his skill.
by Ronald L. Feinman
The list includes liberals, conservatives and moderates.
SOURCE: Political Wire
“No longer will ‘blue slips’ be allowed to deny a nominee a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and vote on confirmation.”
by Jesse Hicks
He received treatments as a child at FDR’s Warm Springs. But turned his back on the March of Dimes when they came calling.
by Manisha Sinha
When Sen. Mitch McConnell declared of Sen. Elizabeth Warren that "she was warned" and yet "she persisted," he sounded like a throwback to a time when conservatives sought to silence abolitionist women like the Grimke sisters, and before them the black woman abolitionist Maria Stewart, who dared to speak out against slavery.
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents