Philippine-American War; Albert Beveridge; George Hoar; Polner
Originally published 11/06/2013
The Zapruder film remains the single most important pre-smartphone digital artifact.
Originally published 01/08/2017
There's No There There
Who, asks Stephen Kinzer in "The True Flag," gave the U.S. the right to make decisions for the rest of the world?
- Before Ivanka Trump, other presidential daughters also wielded influence at the White House
- South Carolina Republican: scrap slave memorial if Confederate monument goes
- A 130,000-Year-Old Mastodon Threatens to Upend Human History
- Trump just promised the biggest tax cut in history
- An African Diaspora group at Columbia University draped a KKK hood over Thomas Jefferson
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize
- In an interview Jill Lepore explains how she writes and the writers she admires most
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian