Philippine-American War; Albert Beveridge; George Hoar; Polner
Originally published 11/06/2013
The Zapruder film remains the single most important pre-smartphone digital artifact.
Originally published 01/08/2017
There's No There There
Who, asks Stephen Kinzer in "The True Flag," gave the U.S. the right to make decisions for the rest of the world?
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?
- Mark Noll says evangelicals voted for Trump for lots of reasons, abortion among them
- Yuval Noah Harari: "Homo sapiens as we know them will disappear in a century or so"
- Historian John Fea’s twitterstorm in defense of the NEH