SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)
by Stanley Fish
He says they (and others) should stop trying to sell the humanities, claiming the effort will backfire.
Stanley Fish versus historians.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible