Originally published 07/01/2006
Nothing seems more natural to an American than to venerate the patriotic symbols that represent America. But we didn't always.
Originally published 07/09/2002
Peter Dreier and Dick Flacks
The liberal origins of many all-American patriotic rituals.
- Ken Burns making documentary on Muhammad Ali
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Puts Trump's Health Care Defeat In Historical Perspective
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere