SOURCE: The New Yorker
Nicholas Lemann considers Walter Johnson's new book The Broken Heart of America in light of recent debates among historians about the relationship of slavery, capitalism and racism.
SOURCE: The Bulwark Podcast
Princeton professor and famed #Twitterstorian Kevin M. Kruse discuss revisionist history on the right and many more issues in politics.
SOURCE: The Baffler
by Allison Miller
Empathy is the essence of academic historical methodology today. But in the episodes of Revisionist History that actually deal with history, people of the past come across as basically the same as we are today.
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?