SOURCE: Washington Post
The Debate Showed That Treating Trump ‘Fairly’ Only Helps Him Cheat
by Brendan Nyhan
"Will the media accurately describe Trump’s attacks on the election as dangerous and anti-democratic? Or will they run faux-neutral headlines like “Pure chaos on election night” if he says the vote is being stolen and tries to declare victory before all the votes are counted?"
Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
Donald Trump didn't just destroy himself. Hillary Clinton destroyed him.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Here’s the History Behind Hillary Clinton’s Abraham Lincoln Defense at the Debate
"I was making the point that it is hard sometimes to get the congress to do what you want to do," Clinton said
What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
The opinions of Manisha Sinha, Juan Cole, Max Boot, Blair Kelley, Timothy Garton Ash, and others.
Watch every presidential debate since 1960
Track how candidates debate specific issues.
Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
It could well draw 100 million viewers.
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
There’s No Debate
by Bill Moyers and Michael Winship
The candidates and the media have thoroughly corrupted the presidential debates. Our democracy deserves better. There's still time for a change.
SOURCE: ABC News
The Impact of Debates? It's Debatable
A review of data since 1960 suggests that past debates have almost never directly and measurably changed the candidates' relative standings.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
When Donald Meets Hillary
by James Fallows
Who will win the debates? Trump’s approach was an important part of his strength in the primaries. But will it work when he faces Clinton onstage?
SOURCE: The New Yorker
The State of the Presidential Debate
by Jill Lepore
How should candidates—and voters—argue about politics?
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History