TO PRESIDENT BUSH: DO NOT KEEP THE PALESTINIANS IN THE HOPELESS POSITION OF WELFARE MOTHERS.
Bush did an enormous favor to the Palestinians when he refused to deal with Arafat. Now he must not shower their new government with money because that would make them independent of their own people or more precisely, dependent on the wrong kind of people - bureaucrats and security forces. Indeed, the real tough negotiations with their political competitors would not be over policy but over the distribution of the foreign goodies!
I am not against helping rejuvenate the PA. The West Bank and Gaza is populated with highly educated and economically capable individuals. Seed money for business and rebuilding of infrastructure is the way to go. Let the Authority's money come from taxes, not from the outside otherwise the entire enterprise is doomed for failure AGAIN!
The PA must be dependent on the well being of the people. At least the American portion of the money should help make the PA so. I doubt the EU and their rest of the world will follow. They like that dependence and I am not sure they really want ME peace. After all, what they want is a wedge issue to use against the US.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests