TO PRESIDENT BUSH: DO NOT KEEP THE PALESTINIANS IN THE HOPELESS POSITION OF WELFARE MOTHERS.
Bush did an enormous favor to the Palestinians when he refused to deal with Arafat. Now he must not shower their new government with money because that would make them independent of their own people or more precisely, dependent on the wrong kind of people - bureaucrats and security forces. Indeed, the real tough negotiations with their political competitors would not be over policy but over the distribution of the foreign goodies!
I am not against helping rejuvenate the PA. The West Bank and Gaza is populated with highly educated and economically capable individuals. Seed money for business and rebuilding of infrastructure is the way to go. Let the Authority's money come from taxes, not from the outside otherwise the entire enterprise is doomed for failure AGAIN!
The PA must be dependent on the well being of the people. At least the American portion of the money should help make the PA so. I doubt the EU and their rest of the world will follow. They like that dependence and I am not sure they really want ME peace. After all, what they want is a wedge issue to use against the US.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit