THE IRANIANS AND SYRIANS ARE WARNED AND CLEARLY THE IRANIAN PEOPLE ARE LISTENING
Iranians are listening The least we can do is publicize their efforts.
Rajayi-shahr Prison Hunger Strikers in Imminent Danger
February 01, 2005
Committee in Defense of Rajayi-shahr Hunger Strikers
Seven Iranian political prisoners are on hunger strike since 25th January in Rajaii-Shahr prison. The hunger strike is in protest against placing political prisoners amongst ordinary criminals, widespread abuse of human rights in Iran, and the continuing crackdown against journalists, political activists and students.
Mehrdad Lohrasbi, Arzhang Davoodi, Dr. Farzad Hamidi, Bina Darabzand, Hojat Zamani, Vali Feyz- Mahdavi and Ja’afar Eghdami are in dire physical condition. The prison officials are provoking ordinary criminals to physically attack the hunger strikers in order to break down their resolve and end their hunger strike.
According to our reports, Dr. Farzad Hamidi has been placed in solitary confinement. Mr. Taghi Hamidi, the father of Dr. Farzad Hamidi has also been put under pressure by the regime to force his son to end his hunger strike.
The Islamic regime continues to place political prisoners amongst ordinary criminals sentenced for murder, armed robbery, narcotics and rape.
In previous years the Qasr prison was used to mix political prisoners with ordinary criminals , but after the closure of Qasr prison, Rajaii-shahr prison is now used for such purposes.
Rajaii-shahr prison on the outskirts of Tehran is one of the most notorious prisons in the Islamic Republic and is used for intimidating political prisoners in order to break down their resolve.
The Committee for Rajaii-shahr Political Prisoners, would like to highlight the situation of these prisoners to the people of Iran, international human rights bodies and all the freedom loving people of the world, and asks them to support the rightful demands of these political prisoners.
comments powered by Disqus
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017