THE IRANIANS AND SYRIANS ARE WARNED AND CLEARLY THE IRANIAN PEOPLE ARE LISTENING
Iranians are listening The least we can do is publicize their efforts.
Rajayi-shahr Prison Hunger Strikers in Imminent Danger
February 01, 2005
Committee in Defense of Rajayi-shahr Hunger Strikers
Seven Iranian political prisoners are on hunger strike since 25th January in Rajaii-Shahr prison. The hunger strike is in protest against placing political prisoners amongst ordinary criminals, widespread abuse of human rights in Iran, and the continuing crackdown against journalists, political activists and students.
Mehrdad Lohrasbi, Arzhang Davoodi, Dr. Farzad Hamidi, Bina Darabzand, Hojat Zamani, Vali Feyz- Mahdavi and Ja’afar Eghdami are in dire physical condition. The prison officials are provoking ordinary criminals to physically attack the hunger strikers in order to break down their resolve and end their hunger strike.
According to our reports, Dr. Farzad Hamidi has been placed in solitary confinement. Mr. Taghi Hamidi, the father of Dr. Farzad Hamidi has also been put under pressure by the regime to force his son to end his hunger strike.
The Islamic regime continues to place political prisoners amongst ordinary criminals sentenced for murder, armed robbery, narcotics and rape.
In previous years the Qasr prison was used to mix political prisoners with ordinary criminals , but after the closure of Qasr prison, Rajaii-shahr prison is now used for such purposes.
Rajaii-shahr prison on the outskirts of Tehran is one of the most notorious prisons in the Islamic Republic and is used for intimidating political prisoners in order to break down their resolve.
The Committee for Rajaii-shahr Political Prisoners, would like to highlight the situation of these prisoners to the people of Iran, international human rights bodies and all the freedom loving people of the world, and asks them to support the rightful demands of these political prisoners.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book