THE IRANIANS AND SYRIANS ARE WARNED AND CLEARLY THE IRANIAN PEOPLE ARE LISTENING
Iranians are listening The least we can do is publicize their efforts.
Rajayi-shahr Prison Hunger Strikers in Imminent Danger
February 01, 2005
Committee in Defense of Rajayi-shahr Hunger Strikers
Seven Iranian political prisoners are on hunger strike since 25th January in Rajaii-Shahr prison. The hunger strike is in protest against placing political prisoners amongst ordinary criminals, widespread abuse of human rights in Iran, and the continuing crackdown against journalists, political activists and students.
Mehrdad Lohrasbi, Arzhang Davoodi, Dr. Farzad Hamidi, Bina Darabzand, Hojat Zamani, Vali Feyz- Mahdavi and Ja’afar Eghdami are in dire physical condition. The prison officials are provoking ordinary criminals to physically attack the hunger strikers in order to break down their resolve and end their hunger strike.
According to our reports, Dr. Farzad Hamidi has been placed in solitary confinement. Mr. Taghi Hamidi, the father of Dr. Farzad Hamidi has also been put under pressure by the regime to force his son to end his hunger strike.
The Islamic regime continues to place political prisoners amongst ordinary criminals sentenced for murder, armed robbery, narcotics and rape.
In previous years the Qasr prison was used to mix political prisoners with ordinary criminals , but after the closure of Qasr prison, Rajaii-shahr prison is now used for such purposes.
Rajaii-shahr prison on the outskirts of Tehran is one of the most notorious prisons in the Islamic Republic and is used for intimidating political prisoners in order to break down their resolve.
The Committee for Rajaii-shahr Political Prisoners, would like to highlight the situation of these prisoners to the people of Iran, international human rights bodies and all the freedom loving people of the world, and asks them to support the rightful demands of these political prisoners.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”