Brooks on dignity etc
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 7/9/2009
there is nothing about free markets that requires that people be crass and undignified
There's certainly nothing about them that privileges those who are restrained and refined.
David T. Beito - 7/9/2009
When I read this story, I kept thinking of the line by Gene Kelly from the first scene in "Singing in the Rain:" "Dignity, always dignity."
- Columbia University Releases Eric Foner’s Civil War MOOCs. It's Free!
- Historian Geoffrey Ward tells CBS: Fox News would have ‘loved’ to show FDR with polio ‘at his most helpless’
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily