Brooks on dignity etc
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 7/9/2009
there is nothing about free markets that requires that people be crass and undignified
There's certainly nothing about them that privileges those who are restrained and refined.
David T. Beito - 7/9/2009
When I read this story, I kept thinking of the line by Gene Kelly from the first scene in "Singing in the Rain:" "Dignity, always dignity."
- Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins
- Now Austria Says It Will Likely Redesign Hitler's House, Not Tear It Down
- Some looted Idlib National Museum artifacts resurface, fate of others a mystery amidst ‘thriving black market trade’
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau constitutional?
- Poll: Millennials desperately need to bone up on the history of communism
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor
- Historian Diana Ramey Berry praises effort to return the skull of Nat Turner to his family