Brooks on dignity etc
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 7/9/2009
there is nothing about free markets that requires that people be crass and undignified
There's certainly nothing about them that privileges those who are restrained and refined.
David T. Beito - 7/9/2009
When I read this story, I kept thinking of the line by Gene Kelly from the first scene in "Singing in the Rain:" "Dignity, always dignity."
- History will be trailing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his visit to the United States.
- Former foes honour Gallipoli's fallen on 100th anniversary
- Website exhibit unveiled for the first gay sit-in
- Climate Change Contributed Towards the Collapse of the Maya
- Armenia debuts website devoted to genocide
- How did common people mourn Lincoln after his passing?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965