Brooks on dignity etc
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 7/9/2009
there is nothing about free markets that requires that people be crass and undignified
There's certainly nothing about them that privileges those who are restrained and refined.
David T. Beito - 7/9/2009
When I read this story, I kept thinking of the line by Gene Kelly from the first scene in "Singing in the Rain:" "Dignity, always dignity."
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome