From Queer Teletubby to overly gay-tolerant SpongeBob SquarePants, the homosexual lobby has been poisoning America's youth! Or so we've been told. Fear not! The country has not quite lost its mind just yet. Word now comes that the military—whose"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy has led to a number of discharges of Arabic linguists who are gay—has rejected"a 1994 proposal to develop an 'aphrodisiac' to spur homosexual activity among enemy troops." The New York Daily News reports (as does CNN) that Defense Department spokesman Lt. Col. Barry Venable of the Army confirms rejection of the"sex bomb" proposal (with apologies to Tom Jones)."This suggestion arose essentially from a brainstorming session, and it was rejected out of hand," he said. Apparently, the idea was part of a"six-year, $7.5 million request from a laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio [oy, Ohio again] for funding of non-lethal chemical weapon[s]" that might adversely affect the"discipline and morale in enemy units."
I can't imagine what kind of lab tests this proposal may have required.
Perhaps the geniuses at the Pentagon were deterred by historical anecdotes about the military ferocity of same-sex affectionate warriors ... if we're to believe those stories concerning Alexander the Great or those ancient Spartans.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity