Pardon My Fore! ...
WHAT J.A.C.K. GOT RIGHTThanks to MobyLives for the tip.
• Flat-screen television
• Bullet trains
• Mini digital watches
• Driverless golf carts
• Unisex clothing
• Women in men's jobs
• International golf competitions
WHAT HE GOT WRONG
• Control of the weather to ensure good sporting conditions
• The exchange of dinner dress for scarlet breeches
• A society of leisure where people work less than ever
• Parliament half female (currently 18 per cent)
• A world obsessed by golf
comments powered by Disqus
Steve Smith - 3/10/2005
I've put the complete text of this book online. Anyone who wants to can read it for free now. Go to http://www.golf-in-the-year-2000.com
Jonathan Dresner - 1/21/2005
"Driverless Golf Carts"? I want one of those for my morning commute.
And as a non-golfer, I'd have to put "A world obsessed by golf" in the "got it right" column. But I live someplace where real estate values have a lot to do with golf course design trends.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments