OBAMA- MEDVEDEV SUMMIT - MUCH ADO
Good. It could have been worse. As is, Obama's MSM fans get pictures and Michelle gets to demonstrate that her expensive education made her a spiffy cloths horse.
The Obama presidency did nothing to reduce the number of Russians who consider US an enemy. But, then, their enemy list is most instructive.
Johnson Russia list reports:
Russians Pessimistic About Possibilities Of New US Administration
NEW YORK, July 5 (Itar-Tass) - Most Russians appraise very pessimistically possibilities of the new US administration on making positive moves in the foreign policy, show results of a public opinion poll (circulated on Saturday), which was conducted on orders of the American research corporation World Public Opinion.
According to the results, 55 percent of Russian citizens are not confident that the White House, headed by President Barack Obama, will make right steps in the foreign policy. Only 23 percent of Russians uphold the opposite position.
Besides, only 15 percent of the polled reckon that the US plays a positive role in world affairs. The opposite opinion is held by 49 percent of respondents of the poll, conducted by the Russian Yuri Levada analytical centre for the American company.
Only 12 percent of the polled believe that the US treats Russia fairly, while 75 percent of respondents claimed that Washington thrusts its will on Moscow. At the same time, 47 percent of Russians reckon that the US acts in the spirit of cooperation with Russia.
Ignore the picture - listen to the Russian commentator dismiss the nuclear agreement and talk of improved relations:
comments powered by Disqus
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Vikings are having a great year!
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?