Free At Last
All hail George W. Bush, the Liberator!
Well, golly. As an anarchist, I'm one of the unwilling. And finally, an American President has promised that the American government will stop imposing itself on me, as well as on all similarly unwilling persons!
In short, the American state has peacefully withered away, and a purely voluntary association now stands in its place. This has got to be the best second term ever.
comments powered by Disqus
Max Swing - 1/21/2005
Well, in regard to Clinton, he couldn't know that his heir would be "neoconservative" Republican. Even if he had know that it would be a Republican, the chances could have been high that there'd be small government rather than big one. Bush just surprised a lot of people in many ways (and not to the best).
At least, Clinton had been good on fiscally terms and he wasn't as terrible as he could have been. I think this was due to the fact that he had to fight legal lawsuits rather than meddle with politics in his second term ;)
Keith Halderman - 1/20/2005
Doesn't remind you of Clinton saying the era of big government is over or Johnson saying we are not going to send American boys to fight a war Asian boys should be fighting or FDRs' entire campaign in 1932.
Sheldon Richman - 1/20/2005
I am celebrating already! Whoohoo!
Max Swing - 1/20/2005
If we just had the ability to sue him over that words, when he won't hold to his word :)
Well, I doubt that is possible, but still it'd be nice to get him on quicksand for this.
I wished sometimes politicians could be held responsible for their words and lies, but that'd be too idealistic I think.
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Wall Street Journal study finds that rural youths who enlisted after 9/11 shouldered the greatest burden for the nation’s defense
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses