What Inauguration? ...
Try out Mr. Sun's"Make Your Own Inauguration Speech!" You may like your version better than the one we'll get.
Oh, and don't miss Jared Sinclair's"Hoblein's Dead Kerry at The Weblog."
Rick Perlstein's"The Eve of Destruction" in the Village Voice is a more important read for those who voted for George Bush than for those of us who voted against him. If you don't recall Barry McGuire's lyrics from which the title for Rick's piece comes, they're here.
I'm determined not to get my knickers in a twist about this inauguration. What happens when a respectable history blogger innocently asks about the origin of"knickers"? Well, somebody mentions the expression"Don't get your knickers in a twist" and, then, some of those anonymous [female] bloggers get into the act. Warning: this is not work safe. Now we know why some bloggers love their anonymity.
comments powered by Disqus
Rick Perlstein - 1/20/2005
Jeez, Ralph, I was hoping for some pretty pictures of girlies in their knickers...
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz