What Inauguration? ...
Try out Mr. Sun's"Make Your Own Inauguration Speech!" You may like your version better than the one we'll get.
Oh, and don't miss Jared Sinclair's"Hoblein's Dead Kerry at The Weblog."
Rick Perlstein's"The Eve of Destruction" in the Village Voice is a more important read for those who voted for George Bush than for those of us who voted against him. If you don't recall Barry McGuire's lyrics from which the title for Rick's piece comes, they're here.
I'm determined not to get my knickers in a twist about this inauguration. What happens when a respectable history blogger innocently asks about the origin of"knickers"? Well, somebody mentions the expression"Don't get your knickers in a twist" and, then, some of those anonymous [female] bloggers get into the act. Warning: this is not work safe. Now we know why some bloggers love their anonymity.
comments powered by Disqus
Rick Perlstein - 1/21/2005
Jeez, Ralph, I was hoping for some pretty pictures of girlies in their knickers...
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems