What Inauguration? ...
Try out Mr. Sun's"Make Your Own Inauguration Speech!" You may like your version better than the one we'll get.
Oh, and don't miss Jared Sinclair's"Hoblein's Dead Kerry at The Weblog."
Rick Perlstein's"The Eve of Destruction" in the Village Voice is a more important read for those who voted for George Bush than for those of us who voted against him. If you don't recall Barry McGuire's lyrics from which the title for Rick's piece comes, they're here.
I'm determined not to get my knickers in a twist about this inauguration. What happens when a respectable history blogger innocently asks about the origin of"knickers"? Well, somebody mentions the expression"Don't get your knickers in a twist" and, then, some of those anonymous [female] bloggers get into the act. Warning: this is not work safe. Now we know why some bloggers love their anonymity.
comments powered by Disqus
Rick Perlstein - 1/20/2005
Jeez, Ralph, I was hoping for some pretty pictures of girlies in their knickers...
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948