Re: Apology Accepted. Apology Extended
In my earlier agitated frame of mind I neglected to say -- I am also sorry to hear about Joan Kennedy Taylor's poor health. My best wishes are with her.
comments powered by Disqus
Jeanine Ring - 1/14/2005
Besides, Msr. Long... if you want to construct a term a denote anti-lesbian demonization, you should really have used the term "Fuschia Menace" instead of "Lavender Menace." Lavender is properly associated with the general gay pride movement, as the combination of pink and blue, and is sex neutral; some bisexuals use lavender, pink, and blue as an inclusive symbol for 'bi pride'. Fuschia is the colour of preference for association with lesbianism, and sometimes women's movement culture in general.
Jeanine Ring )(*)(
confessed agent of the Neon Red Menace
(sorry, I'm kind of obsessive about colours. I'm trying to get the associations right for a 'sex worker pride' flag myself...)
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller