Re: Apology Accepted. Apology Extended
In my earlier agitated frame of mind I neglected to say -- I am also sorry to hear about Joan Kennedy Taylor's poor health. My best wishes are with her.
comments powered by Disqus
Jeanine Ring - 1/14/2005
Besides, Msr. Long... if you want to construct a term a denote anti-lesbian demonization, you should really have used the term "Fuschia Menace" instead of "Lavender Menace." Lavender is properly associated with the general gay pride movement, as the combination of pink and blue, and is sex neutral; some bisexuals use lavender, pink, and blue as an inclusive symbol for 'bi pride'. Fuschia is the colour of preference for association with lesbianism, and sometimes women's movement culture in general.
Jeanine Ring )(*)(
confessed agent of the Neon Red Menace
(sorry, I'm kind of obsessive about colours. I'm trying to get the associations right for a 'sex worker pride' flag myself...)
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich