Re: Apology Accepted. Apology Extended
In my earlier agitated frame of mind I neglected to say -- I am also sorry to hear about Joan Kennedy Taylor's poor health. My best wishes are with her.
comments powered by Disqus
Jeanine Ring - 1/14/2005
Besides, Msr. Long... if you want to construct a term a denote anti-lesbian demonization, you should really have used the term "Fuschia Menace" instead of "Lavender Menace." Lavender is properly associated with the general gay pride movement, as the combination of pink and blue, and is sex neutral; some bisexuals use lavender, pink, and blue as an inclusive symbol for 'bi pride'. Fuschia is the colour of preference for association with lesbianism, and sometimes women's movement culture in general.
Jeanine Ring )(*)(
confessed agent of the Neon Red Menace
(sorry, I'm kind of obsessive about colours. I'm trying to get the associations right for a 'sex worker pride' flag myself...)
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Heirs Claim Bank Made Off with Nazi-Looted Art
- Stanley Kutler’s book on Nixon Watergate abuses has been turned into a show on the web
- China bans books by pro-Hong Kong historian who retired from Princeton
- George Mason's digital history program is 20 years old -- and celebrating