Re: Apology Accepted. Apology Extended
In my earlier agitated frame of mind I neglected to say -- I am also sorry to hear about Joan Kennedy Taylor's poor health. My best wishes are with her.
comments powered by Disqus
Jeanine Ring - 1/14/2005
Besides, Msr. Long... if you want to construct a term a denote anti-lesbian demonization, you should really have used the term "Fuschia Menace" instead of "Lavender Menace." Lavender is properly associated with the general gay pride movement, as the combination of pink and blue, and is sex neutral; some bisexuals use lavender, pink, and blue as an inclusive symbol for 'bi pride'. Fuschia is the colour of preference for association with lesbianism, and sometimes women's movement culture in general.
Jeanine Ring )(*)(
confessed agent of the Neon Red Menace
(sorry, I'm kind of obsessive about colours. I'm trying to get the associations right for a 'sex worker pride' flag myself...)
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)