Apology Accepted. Apology Extended
Please allow me to extend thanks on behalf of Joan, as well. I have not been contacting her about the matter because of the poor state of her health and my desire not to upset her unduly. Your substitution for the term Lavendar Menace means that no upsetting news is likely to reach her about our exchange. For that, I am also grateful.
Your colleague, Wendy McElroy
comments powered by Disqus
Roderick T. Long - 1/14/2005
I would like in turn to thank Wendy McElroy for her gracious reception of our apology, as well as for her own counter-apology, which I am likewise very happy to accept. I am proud to count her as a colleague, and relieved that any bad feelings have been avoided or amended.
In my earlier agitated frame of mind I neglected to say -- I am also sorry to hear about Joan Kennedy Taylor's poor health. My best wishes are with her.
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ