What is the sound of one hand blogging?
Rt hand relatively immobilized for a few days, so I'll be lurking more than posting, but we'll see...
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 1/14/2005
Thanks for the well-wishes, all. I can do a bit more each day, plus I have some yummy percocets for when it's too painful. I can type a bit, very slowly, so maybe I'll comment a bit.
Look here: http://www.carpalmate.com/carpaltunnel.asp
for an illustration (not a photo, so not too gross) of what I described. Here's how cool the internet is: a 2-second google search turned up not only this pic, but, on another site, complete details on the exact surgical procedure. Next thing you know, we'll be putting "The Teacher" on our heads and removing/installing brains...
Roderick T. Long - 1/13/2005
Yikes! Glad to hear it went well.
(I lack the fortitude to seek pics.)
Did they recommend a different mousepad or anything of that sort?
Charles Johnson - 1/13/2005
Good to see you back, Aeon, and to hear that everything has gone well. I know that I, for one, am looking forward to when you have a chance to get back up to speed on posts and comments.
Sheldon Richman - 1/13/2005
Aeon--I hadn't heard. Good to know you are on the mend.
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize