The Silence of the Regulated
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 6/28/2009
None taken - it's not my creation, I just get a kick out of stuff like that.
Jonathan Dresner - 6/28/2009
but that was awful, and pointless.
I kept thinking there would be some actual discussion, but it's just a cheap (actually, probably pretty expensive to produce, by YouTube standards) pastiche pandering to the insider. The set-up was pitiful, and the opportunities for satire missed by the handful (I saw several jokes coming that never actually happened....).
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- It happened in Idaho and was the largest massacre of Indians in US history, but where exactly did it take place?
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- McKinley's lost his mountain. Should we still remember his presidency?
- Japanese historian upends the familiar narrative of WW 2 by taking a bottom up approach, focusing on fascism from the grassroots
- Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organises 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'
- 72 history professors sign letter urging removal of Jefferson Davis statue from Kentucky Capitol
- 10 Years After Katrina, the Enduring Value of the Hurricane Digital Memory Bank
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans