LAST MINUTE DISHONOR MURDER IN PAKISTAN
If you still are not sure what we are fighting read this story: Five Pakistanis die in suspected honour killing . They did not want to miss the boat!
MULTAN, Pakistan, Jan 4 (Reuters) - Five family members were murdered in a suspected honour killing in Pakistan on Tuesday, police said, shortly before a law took effect making such crimes a capital offence.
Gunmen broke into the home of Munnawar Mai and opened fire, killing Mai, her husband Mukhtar and their two-year-old son as well as the mother and a brother of Mukhtar, police said.
Mai and Mukhtar eloped and married in 2002, defying her parents wish that she wed a cousin. Mai's family was still angry over her marriage, police chief Mohammad Jamil said.
"There appears to be an element of honour killing in this incident," he told Reuters. Police have detained three people in connection with the attack.
The incident happened shortly before President Pervez Musharraf signed a bill into law making such honour killings a capital offence, official media said.
Our Jordanian friends have yet to follow in Pakistan's footsteps. Our screams will not make any difference, some will argue. Really? The Saudis have already been shamed into tripling their contribution to the Tsunami victims. Now if only Germany could be shamed!
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit