GOOD NEWS - DOING THE RIGHT THING PROTECTS FROM STRESS
That is the amazing finding of psychologists who studied Zaka, an organization which collects body parts for burial after suicide bombings. You would think that the gruesome work would depress those engaged in it. However, Study of Zaka volunteers shows surprisingly low levels of PTSD.
In other words, doing good does not harm you.
comments powered by Disqus
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95