GOOD NEWS - DOING THE RIGHT THING PROTECTS FROM STRESS
That is the amazing finding of psychologists who studied Zaka, an organization which collects body parts for burial after suicide bombings. You would think that the gruesome work would depress those engaged in it. However, Study of Zaka volunteers shows surprisingly low levels of PTSD.
In other words, doing good does not harm you.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit