GOOD NEWS - DOING THE RIGHT THING PROTECTS FROM STRESS
That is the amazing finding of psychologists who studied Zaka, an organization which collects body parts for burial after suicide bombings. You would think that the gruesome work would depress those engaged in it. However, Study of Zaka volunteers shows surprisingly low levels of PTSD.
In other words, doing good does not harm you.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi