GOOD NEWS - DOING THE RIGHT THING PROTECTS FROM STRESS
That is the amazing finding of psychologists who studied Zaka, an organization which collects body parts for burial after suicide bombings. You would think that the gruesome work would depress those engaged in it. However, Study of Zaka volunteers shows surprisingly low levels of PTSD.
In other words, doing good does not harm you.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum