THE KNOCK AT THE DOOR AT NIGHT
When I asked my father why we left Romania (penniless), he responded that he did not wish to live in a country where he feared the knock on the door. This is what he feared then in Communist Romania, this is what everyone living under dictatorship fears. This what Americans, and, indeed, those living in a democracy do not have to fear:
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Interview’: Seven Other Controversial Film Releases in History
- New Stonehenge Discovery Hailed As 'Most Important In 60 Years'
- Judge Rules 14-Year-Old's Execution a 'Travesty of Justice' in Case in the Jim Crow South
- Lawsuit May Reshape Tourist Industry in History-Rich Savannah
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Turns 75