Richard J. Barnet (1929-2004)
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 12/25/2004
I have been a fan of his since the '60's. His insightful research led me into revisionist history, along with Barnes and James J. Martin's great works.
There may be issues, looking back, where I would disagree with him now, but his was one of the great, lone voices in the wilderness calling to all of us to look carefully at we know and believe, and be willing to take a stand indepencently of others.
He will be missed.
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?