Transfer of Wealth
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/17/2009
I don't think most of the support for Obama's "hope and change" message was based on an expectation there would be "new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition." And I suggest many Republican supporters used this suggestion to scare voters into supporting the Republican ticket.
And given the huge financial support from Wall Street and elsewhere for Obama over the years, it's clear that important interests knew he was a "safe pair of hands."
Keith Halderman - 6/16/2009
I think the people who supported Obama expected it as their due, while libertarians and conservatives felt it was the main reason Obama should not be president.
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
But did "almost everyone [think] there would be new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition"?
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston