Transfer of Wealth
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/17/2009
I don't think most of the support for Obama's "hope and change" message was based on an expectation there would be "new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition." And I suggest many Republican supporters used this suggestion to scare voters into supporting the Republican ticket.
And given the huge financial support from Wall Street and elsewhere for Obama over the years, it's clear that important interests knew he was a "safe pair of hands."
Keith Halderman - 6/16/2009
I think the people who supported Obama expected it as their due, while libertarians and conservatives felt it was the main reason Obama should not be president.
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
But did "almost everyone [think] there would be new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition"?
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"