Transfer of Wealth
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/17/2009
I don't think most of the support for Obama's "hope and change" message was based on an expectation there would be "new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition." And I suggest many Republican supporters used this suggestion to scare voters into supporting the Republican ticket.
And given the huge financial support from Wall Street and elsewhere for Obama over the years, it's clear that important interests knew he was a "safe pair of hands."
Keith Halderman - 6/16/2009
I think the people who supported Obama expected it as their due, while libertarians and conservatives felt it was the main reason Obama should not be president.
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
But did "almost everyone [think] there would be new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition"?
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy