Transfer of Wealth
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/17/2009
I don't think most of the support for Obama's "hope and change" message was based on an expectation there would be "new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition." And I suggest many Republican supporters used this suggestion to scare voters into supporting the Republican ticket.
And given the huge financial support from Wall Street and elsewhere for Obama over the years, it's clear that important interests knew he was a "safe pair of hands."
Keith Halderman - 6/16/2009
I think the people who supported Obama expected it as their due, while libertarians and conservatives felt it was the main reason Obama should not be president.
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
But did "almost everyone [think] there would be new massive transfers of wealth from the rich to the poor in the socialist tradition"?
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar