A Palestinian State .... If
Reminds me of the story philosopher Norman Malcolm told about Wittgenstein:
When in very good spirits he would jest in a delightful manner. This took the form of deliberately absurd or extravagant remarks uttered in a tone, and with the mien, of affected seriousness. On one walk he"gave" me each tree that we passed, with the reservation that I was not to cut it down or do anything to it, or prevent the previous owners from doing anything to it: with those reservations they were henceforth mine.Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
As you might guess, I'm sympathetic to your post, but shouldn't libertarians distinguish between a country and a state?
David T. Beito - 6/15/2009
The most logical solution is for the Israelis to annex all the territories (thus pleasing the Likudniks) and then give the Arabs full voting rights (thus pissing off the Likudniks) and then decentralize into a Swiss style Confederacy (thus protecting everyone's rights and satisfying neither extreme).
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95