A Palestinian State .... If
Reminds me of the story philosopher Norman Malcolm told about Wittgenstein:
When in very good spirits he would jest in a delightful manner. This took the form of deliberately absurd or extravagant remarks uttered in a tone, and with the mien, of affected seriousness. On one walk he"gave" me each tree that we passed, with the reservation that I was not to cut it down or do anything to it, or prevent the previous owners from doing anything to it: with those reservations they were henceforth mine.Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
As you might guess, I'm sympathetic to your post, but shouldn't libertarians distinguish between a country and a state?
David T. Beito - 6/15/2009
The most logical solution is for the Israelis to annex all the territories (thus pleasing the Likudniks) and then give the Arabs full voting rights (thus pissing off the Likudniks) and then decentralize into a Swiss style Confederacy (thus protecting everyone's rights and satisfying neither extreme).
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening