A Palestinian State .... If
Reminds me of the story philosopher Norman Malcolm told about Wittgenstein:
When in very good spirits he would jest in a delightful manner. This took the form of deliberately absurd or extravagant remarks uttered in a tone, and with the mien, of affected seriousness. On one walk he"gave" me each tree that we passed, with the reservation that I was not to cut it down or do anything to it, or prevent the previous owners from doing anything to it: with those reservations they were henceforth mine.Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
As you might guess, I'm sympathetic to your post, but shouldn't libertarians distinguish between a country and a state?
David T. Beito - 6/15/2009
The most logical solution is for the Israelis to annex all the territories (thus pleasing the Likudniks) and then give the Arabs full voting rights (thus pissing off the Likudniks) and then decentralize into a Swiss style Confederacy (thus protecting everyone's rights and satisfying neither extreme).
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90