A Palestinian State .... If
Reminds me of the story philosopher Norman Malcolm told about Wittgenstein:
When in very good spirits he would jest in a delightful manner. This took the form of deliberately absurd or extravagant remarks uttered in a tone, and with the mien, of affected seriousness. On one walk he"gave" me each tree that we passed, with the reservation that I was not to cut it down or do anything to it, or prevent the previous owners from doing anything to it: with those reservations they were henceforth mine.Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 6/16/2009
As you might guess, I'm sympathetic to your post, but shouldn't libertarians distinguish between a country and a state?
David T. Beito - 6/15/2009
The most logical solution is for the Israelis to annex all the territories (thus pleasing the Likudniks) and then give the Arabs full voting rights (thus pissing off the Likudniks) and then decentralize into a Swiss style Confederacy (thus protecting everyone's rights and satisfying neither extreme).
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton