Kathryn Harrison,"Oh, Lord," NYT, 12 June, reviews Edna O'Brien's Byron in Love: A Short Daring Life.
Muriel Dobbin,"Albert 'fell into step behind' Victoria," Washington Times, 10 June, reviews Gillian Gill's Victoria and Albert: Rulers, Partners, Rivals.
Beverly Gage,"American Macho," NYT, 12 June, Patricia O'Toole,"Barbarian Virtues," American Scholar, Summer, and Tim Rutten for the LA Times, 12 June, review Jackson Lears's Rebirth of a Nation: The Making of Modern America, 1877-1920.
Matthew Dallek,"Not Ready for Mt. Rushmore," American Scholar, Summer, assesses Ronald Reagan, the myth and the reality. See also: John Harwood,"Republicans Rethinking the Reagan Mystique," NYT, 13 June.
Leah Hager Cohen,"Feminine Mystique," NYT, 12 June, reviews Kate Walbert's A Short History of Women, a work of fiction.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout