Now, About That Dearth of Female Academic Talent on the Net ...
Naomi Chana's BaraitaNow, as you were saying, about the, ... ah, dearth of female academic talent on the net ...
Erin O'Connor's Critical Mass
Belle Waring's Examined Life
the Ancient World Web groupblog
Another Damned Medievalist's Blogenspiel
Dictionary of Received Ideas groupblog
Lisa at Digital Medievalist
Clair at Early Modern Material Culture
Julia at Flailing in the Surf!
Kristine Brorson at Historiological Notes
the Interfaith Nunnery groupblog
Melissa at Medieval History
the Medieval Studies groupblog
Natalie Bennett's Philobiblion
Shana Worthen and
Esther MacCallum-Stewart's What a Lovely War.
comments powered by Disqus
Julie A Hofmann - 12/20/2004
Perhaps part of the question is what constitutes an academic blog, anyway? It's something I've certainly been pondering within the larger questions of Public/private and male/female blogging that Ralph and Sharon raised above.
Ralph E. Luker - 12/19/2004
On your question, I haven't looked closely at other disciplines and, of course, a few of the blogs I cited are not actually by historians. The second point, I think, is well taken. My _impression_ is that female graduate students, post-docs, and young professors are far more likely to be blogging than their older female colleagues.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/19/2004
Perhaps history is the exception? Though I wonder what the ratio is if you exclude graduate students....
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"