Now, About That Dearth of Female Academic Talent on the Net ...
Naomi Chana's BaraitaNow, as you were saying, about the, ... ah, dearth of female academic talent on the net ...
Erin O'Connor's Critical Mass
Belle Waring's Examined Life
the Ancient World Web groupblog
Another Damned Medievalist's Blogenspiel
Dictionary of Received Ideas groupblog
Lisa at Digital Medievalist
Clair at Early Modern Material Culture
Julia at Flailing in the Surf!
Kristine Brorson at Historiological Notes
the Interfaith Nunnery groupblog
Melissa at Medieval History
the Medieval Studies groupblog
Natalie Bennett's Philobiblion
Shana Worthen and
Esther MacCallum-Stewart's What a Lovely War.
comments powered by Disqus
Julie A Hofmann - 12/20/2004
Perhaps part of the question is what constitutes an academic blog, anyway? It's something I've certainly been pondering within the larger questions of Public/private and male/female blogging that Ralph and Sharon raised above.
Ralph E. Luker - 12/19/2004
On your question, I haven't looked closely at other disciplines and, of course, a few of the blogs I cited are not actually by historians. The second point, I think, is well taken. My _impression_ is that female graduate students, post-docs, and young professors are far more likely to be blogging than their older female colleagues.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/19/2004
Perhaps history is the exception? Though I wonder what the ratio is if you exclude graduate students....
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize