MERKEL PROVEN RIGHT: GERMAN UNEMPLOYMENT DROPPED TO 8.2%
The US passed a gigantic stimulus package and has been printing money"to save" jobs. It urged Europeans to do the same. Merkel said no and incurred the wrath of the Keynesian economists.
So far, Merkel turned out to be right. She saved both money and jobs! German unemployment dropped from 8.4% to 8.2 and the number of jobless dropped by 127,000 in May.
Obama spent trillions to"save" jobs. The result? American unemployment reached 9.4 and the administration celebrates the fact that only 345,000 jobs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History