Who are the Real Pushers?
On the other hand, modern pharmaceutical companies do sell drugs to children, some of them with suicide warning labels on the bottle. These large corporations also spend millions upon millions of dollars pushing their drugs on the American people. Just turn on any television or radio station and you will find advertisements for drugs to be ubiquitous. And, the trend has been to market these kinds of drugs to younger and younger people.
This pattern continues as an article in The Washington Times reports that the “Food and Drug Administration is reviewing drugs from AstraZeneca PLC, Eli Lilly & Co. and Pfizer Inc. for use in patients between the ages of 10 and 17. The drugs - already approved to treat schizophrenia and bipolar mania in adults - had combined sales of more than $7.4 billion last year, according to IMS Health.” A look at a list of the supposed symptoms of bipolar disorder (click on the whats in this article link for list) in adolescents covers a very wide range of behavior and seems to be saying that if you are not happy all of the time or you are not sad all of the time then you have this disease. So the customer base will be very large. Never mind saddling a ten year old with the proven side effects of weight gain and high blood sugar these drugs need to pushed, $7.4 billion is not enough.
comments powered by Disqus
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial