Bernie, Rudy ... and George
The other day I chuckled over the"New Alert Levels" suggested (in a political cartoon) by the nomination of ex-NYC top cop Bernie Kerik to head Homeland Security. With a whole lotta stuff circulating that might have sunk the Kerik nomination, GOP strategists are now assessing the impact on the future political career of Rudy Giuliani (who lobbied hard for Kerik).
One GOP strategist (Nelson Warfield) said:"Rudy was either reckless or misinformed, and neither of those are presidential qualifications."
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History