MUST READ - THE ANALYSIS OF AMIR TAHERI
An Iranian analyst whose clearsightedess repeatedly surprises is Amir Taheri . I suggest you read many of his articles which you find if you click on his name but this one is an absolute must WHAT IF IT'S NOT ISRAEL THEY LOATHE?" Not only does he correctly distinguish between the attitudes of the Arab elite and the people but he dares chellenge the accepted wisom. The money quote:
Conventional wisdom also insists that the US is hated by Muslims because it is pro-Israel. That view is shared by most American officials posted to the Arab capitals. But is it not possible that the reverse is true – that Israel is hated because it is pro-American?
When I raised that possibility in Ramadan-night debates, I was at first greeted with deafening silence. Soon, however, some interlocutors admitted that my suggestion was, perhaps, not quite fanciful.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools