VACLAV HAVEL FOR UN SECRETARY GENERAL?
Nathan Sharansky argues that"The unique partnership that once brought together the 'human rights camp' and the 'security hawks' must be reconstituted." One way of achieving this may be by replacing the discredited Kofi Annan with Vaclav Havel who argues that "People's voices are crucial.".
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90