VACLAV HAVEL FOR UN SECRETARY GENERAL?
Nathan Sharansky argues that"The unique partnership that once brought together the 'human rights camp' and the 'security hawks' must be reconstituted." One way of achieving this may be by replacing the discredited Kofi Annan with Vaclav Havel who argues that "People's voices are crucial.".
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history