VACLAV HAVEL FOR UN SECRETARY GENERAL?
Nathan Sharansky argues that"The unique partnership that once brought together the 'human rights camp' and the 'security hawks' must be reconstituted." One way of achieving this may be by replacing the discredited Kofi Annan with Vaclav Havel who argues that "People's voices are crucial.".
comments powered by Disqus
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history