QUOTE VADIS US JOB MARKET?
MR. GREGORY: What about the jobs picture? Are you, are you going to rehire? Has the stimulus allowed you to rehire? You got in this flap with President Obama a little bit about he said you'd be able to rehire.
MR. OWENS(Xeorx CEO): Yeah, well.
MR. GREGORY: You said not so fast.
MR. OWENS: Well, a little timing issue here. Essentially, I mean, we've had to--you know, our demand for our products has dropped. We sold $51 billion worth of products globally last year, demand this year's going to be in the mid 30s. So a, a, a very large drop in demand for our products, therefore employment. So we have had to continue reducing employment, and I'd say we will probably not be able--in a position to rehire until mid next year as we see these markets begin to recover.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges