QUOTE VADIS US JOB MARKET?
MR. GREGORY: What about the jobs picture? Are you, are you going to rehire? Has the stimulus allowed you to rehire? You got in this flap with President Obama a little bit about he said you'd be able to rehire.
MR. OWENS(Xeorx CEO): Yeah, well.
MR. GREGORY: You said not so fast.
MR. OWENS: Well, a little timing issue here. Essentially, I mean, we've had to--you know, our demand for our products has dropped. We sold $51 billion worth of products globally last year, demand this year's going to be in the mid 30s. So a, a, a very large drop in demand for our products, therefore employment. So we have had to continue reducing employment, and I'd say we will probably not be able--in a position to rehire until mid next year as we see these markets begin to recover.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments