QUOTE VADIS US JOB MARKET?
MR. GREGORY: What about the jobs picture? Are you, are you going to rehire? Has the stimulus allowed you to rehire? You got in this flap with President Obama a little bit about he said you'd be able to rehire.
MR. OWENS(Xeorx CEO): Yeah, well.
MR. GREGORY: You said not so fast.
MR. OWENS: Well, a little timing issue here. Essentially, I mean, we've had to--you know, our demand for our products has dropped. We sold $51 billion worth of products globally last year, demand this year's going to be in the mid 30s. So a, a, a very large drop in demand for our products, therefore employment. So we have had to continue reducing employment, and I'd say we will probably not be able--in a position to rehire until mid next year as we see these markets begin to recover.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)