QUOTE VADIS US JOB MARKET?
MR. GREGORY: What about the jobs picture? Are you, are you going to rehire? Has the stimulus allowed you to rehire? You got in this flap with President Obama a little bit about he said you'd be able to rehire.
MR. OWENS(Xeorx CEO): Yeah, well.
MR. GREGORY: You said not so fast.
MR. OWENS: Well, a little timing issue here. Essentially, I mean, we've had to--you know, our demand for our products has dropped. We sold $51 billion worth of products globally last year, demand this year's going to be in the mid 30s. So a, a, a very large drop in demand for our products, therefore employment. So we have had to continue reducing employment, and I'd say we will probably not be able--in a position to rehire until mid next year as we see these markets begin to recover.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian