"The Human Stain," PC, and the OAH
For those of us, who regularly read website of The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), the events depicted in"The Human Stain" will be all too familiar. It is too bad that the members of the OAH's Committee on Academic Freedom apparently did not bother to see it before they issued their report.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.