Are These Your Representatives?
The incident shows what a fraud so-called representative government really is. Most people have no time to monitor"their" (ha!) government. The bigger it is, the less practical monitoring it becomes. Even if they had the time, their one impotent vote means there would be no payoff from investing the effort. Moreover, politicians have myriad ways to obscure what they do and to make it difficult to change things even if people found out. (They got caught this time—an unusual occurrence.) For elaboration of this important point see Charlotte A. Twight’s great book Dependent on D.C.
The upshot is that any resemblance between civics-textbook government and reality is a mirage.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control