I Told You So (Again)
Oh, and on a totally unrelated point: I never post here on my personal list of favorite songs, but today's entry marks the 40th anniversary of the Verrazano-Bridge. Taxpayer support for the project aside, it's one of my great loves in New York City. And you know you're gettin' older when you're older than a bridge.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.