The Washington Nationals Are Born!
Well, after months of speculation, including input from baseball fans and sports radio hosts, the Montreal Expos, now relocated from Canada to the U.S. capital, have been renamed: The Washington Nationals. Not quite the Washington Senators of old, but how ... neutral sounding.
I guess that suggestion by one voicer to call the team the"Washington Scandals" was, uh, too descriptive of the town's political reality.
comments powered by Disqus
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 11/21/2004
LOL ... yes, that would have captured an essential attribute of the town. :)
Kenneth R Gregg - 11/20/2004
I thought the "Washington Tax-eaters" would have been appropriate.
Just a thought.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history