The Washington Nationals Are Born!
Well, after months of speculation, including input from baseball fans and sports radio hosts, the Montreal Expos, now relocated from Canada to the U.S. capital, have been renamed: The Washington Nationals. Not quite the Washington Senators of old, but how ... neutral sounding.
I guess that suggestion by one voicer to call the team the"Washington Scandals" was, uh, too descriptive of the town's political reality.
comments powered by Disqus
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 11/21/2004
LOL ... yes, that would have captured an essential attribute of the town. :)
Kenneth R Gregg - 11/21/2004
I thought the "Washington Tax-eaters" would have been appropriate.
Just a thought.
- John Kerry says the destruction of heritage sites in Iraq and Syria is the worst in his lifetime
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Director's using Kickstarter to raise money for a film about the Kansas governor who implanted goat testicles in humans
- Human Ingenuity Can Fix Past Mistakes and Shape the Future, says Diane Ackerman
- Ken Burns is in a race to slow us down
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts