The Washington Nationals Are Born!
Well, after months of speculation, including input from baseball fans and sports radio hosts, the Montreal Expos, now relocated from Canada to the U.S. capital, have been renamed: The Washington Nationals. Not quite the Washington Senators of old, but how ... neutral sounding.
I guess that suggestion by one voicer to call the team the"Washington Scandals" was, uh, too descriptive of the town's political reality.
comments powered by Disqus
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 11/21/2004
LOL ... yes, that would have captured an essential attribute of the town. :)
Kenneth R Gregg - 11/21/2004
I thought the "Washington Tax-eaters" would have been appropriate.
Just a thought.
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86