CHIRAC SABOTAGES POST-ARAFAT PALESTINIANS TO APPEASE THOSE WHO HOLD HIM HOSTAGE?
By delaying the release of Arafat's medical records, France is trying to sabotage the new leadership and fan the conspiracy theories. Perhaps they think that demonstrating their loyalty to Sunni radicals will help release their hostages in Iraq. After all, Chiraq is in the same boat as Carter was during the hostage crisis. At least a few times a week, French tv shows the pictures of the two French reporters along with the number of days they have been held hostage in Iraq - over 90, I believe.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book