FCC U Soon
As a postscript to my essays on the"Saving Private Ryan" fiasco here and here, there comes this story about the protests of the Family Research Council concerning the ABC broadcast. With protests also over last night's episode of"Monday Night Football Meets Desperate Housewives," this war against"indecency" looks like it's just beginning.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"