BATCH OF GOOD NEWS
Tamil tigers, the inventers of suicide bombings, DEFEATED. A military solution to a ruthless, bloody insurgency. What do you know?
A definitive result in India's elections. Congress wins. Left defeated - big time. Beleive it or not, DEMORCACY WORKS. Indian stock markets so hot it had to be turned of. Time for the Obama administration to stop ignoring India.
Women elected to parliament in Muslim Kuwait. Islamists defeated! Again, Democracy works and do not let Mubarak tell you otherwise.
First meeting between Netanyahu and Obama end as well as could have been expected:"President Obama won't put an"artificial deadline" on Iran's abandoning its nuclear weapons program but said Monday that the Islamic Republic's obtaining a nuclear weapon would be not only a threat to Israel and the U.S. but would be"profoundly destabilizing" to the rest of the world." Now what?
Maybe Netanyahu will be present at the coronation of the first Jewish"American Idol," Adam Lambert. Here he is singing the Prayer in English and Hebrew. The fact that no one raised the issue of his Judaism in encouraging.
UPDATE: No Jewish idol. Adam was simply"too much" not to unite the opposition. Ayn Rand would have understood. Plus ca change . . . An opera singer and voice teacher says that musically Adam is indeed far superior.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Has one of Sally Hemings’s siblings been neglected by history unfairly?
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history
- Israeli historian Yair Auron lays out details of a massacre in 1948