The Problem of Iran
Just a note to direct attention to Kenneth Pollack's NY Times Op-Ed piece,"What the Mullahs Learned From Their Neighbors," which deals with the problem of Iran. Readers will remember that Pollack, author of the immensely influential book, The Threatening Storm: The Case for Invading Iraq (Random House, 2002), backtracked from his support for the Iraq war. He has said, in quite a few articles, that he"made a mistake" in his advocacy of that war, based on"faulty intelligence." He also believes, at this time, that an Iran with nuclear weapons is possible, and that we should not assume that the Iranians would deal these weapons to Al Qaeda, a group to which it is vehemently opposed.
In today's essay, Pollack details the ways in which the international community might deal with Iran. Given my own interest in this subject, I found Pollack's essay a good read.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity