"Ben-Hur" Comes to Iraq
Last February, I wrote about The Exorcist Experience in Iraq."The Exorcist" is one of my favorite horror movies of all time, so the thought that they were giving tours of the site where the movie's opening sequence was filmed was quite fascinating to me.
Well, I've just learned that the troops in Iraq, awaiting orders for the blitz of Fallujah, have needed another Hollywood diversion: running chariot games right out of"Ben-Hur," which just so happens to be my favorite film of all time."The First Annual 'Ben-Hur' Memorial Chariot Race" has provided the troops with some much-needed entertainment.
I can't wait for the day that the U.S. armed forces re-enact another film:"The Great Escape."
comments powered by Disqus
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial