Obama proposes a new civics program
What's clear from the administration's explanation is that it does not foresee making a major commitment to civics.
This is consistent with Obama's campaign. He seems to have no interest in civics per se. His identification of the limits of American democracy extends to only two subjects: 1. the influence of special interests and 2. partisan bickering.
Both of these are indeed problems. But the far bigger challenge we face is the gross ignorance of civics (broadly defined). That dwarfs these other problems.
comments powered by Disqus
mary lili jory - 8/16/2009
life needs the entertainment, in the market shoe's design is all kinds, Women is Dakota and Sundance UGG Boots were the riotous multi-colors, each kinds of color and design are finitely looks like the young women's hairstyle , every day them use the ghd Hair Straightener to changes themself hairstyle,when went out they brought MP3 to wear the fashion to symbolize that Bose in ear headphones , and Bose on ear headphones ,let us feel the fashionable news of life.
People to enjoy music, a need for a high-quality sound equipment to show the moving melody to enhance the music quality of life,It is the use of bose headphones.Now bose headphones for sale in hot.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools